News flash!!!! Houston is hot, humid and has horrendous traffic. But on the plus side they have a wonderful Elks Club with full hookups and a swimming pool… all for $15/night. It was such a great deal that we stayed here almost a month. I personally liked all of the animals that were out and about. Two rigs down was a funny dog and a cat that came to call (I wasn’t very hospitable – I hissed!). Next door there were two graceful greyhounds who glided in and out of their motorhome several times a day.
While we were here Chris disappeared for about 10 days. I kept looking for her, but I couldn’t find her anywhere. Gary said she had gone to NJ to help her Mom celebrate her 90th birthday. So Gary and I hung out and got to know all the neighbors. He went swimming so much I thought he might bring me a fish or turn into one.
When Chris got back they went off sightseeing a couple of times. Once to see Galveston and once to tour the NASA space center. We stayed at the Elks through Memorial Day because they had a big party and because we didn’t want to be out traveling on the holiday weekend. I taught them that trick.
Check out our pictures from Houston…
No comments:
Post a Comment